The health of your baby will always matter. However, did you know that supplements will come in handy in boosting this health? As long as you can choose the right ones, you will be sure of the best results in the long run. Take the time to identify nutritious food for your baby to be stronger in the long run.
However, that is not enough for you to know. Various elements go into understanding what supplements to give to your baby and why you should. Unless you understand these aspects, you will most likely make mistakes in the long run. Here are a few insights for you to keep in mind in this respect.
What Is the Best Baby Formula For Food Supplements
- MODELED AFTER BREAST MILK & made with carefully sourced premium ingredients, this formula is made with organic lactose the principal carbohydrate found in breast milk. Our formula provides key vitamins and minerals that are found naturally in breast milk.
- WITH 4X MORE PREBIOTICS than most other organic infant formula, our formula delivers 2 prebiotics, GOS & FOS, fibers that mimic the function of prebiotics found naturally in breast milk, which promote healthy gut bacteria in infants. No corn syrup solids. No carrageenan
- HAPPY BABY: At Happy Baby Organics, we provide organic and delicious options for your baby's nutritional journey. We develop premium organic recipes perfectly matched with your child's age and stage. This is enlightened nutrition for every family.
- MINDFULLY MADE: We develop premium organic recipes perfectly matched with your child's age and stage. Explore our snacks & meals for growing babies, toddlers & kids, from baby food pouches to freeze-dried yogurt treats, organic cereals & toddler snacks.
- HAPPY TUMMIES: Try Happy Baby's full line of baby food pouches, probiotic cereals, whole milk yogurt, teething wafers & baby snacks if you've enjoyed baby food from Sprout, Plum Organics, Annies, Gerber, Beachnut, or Peter Rabbit Organics.
What Are Baby Food Supplements?
Food supplements are manufactured products whose aim is to supplement the diet you are used to taking. They could come in the form of pills, tablets, capsules, or liquids. However, liquids have proven to be a preferable option for most children. That is because it takes fewer hassles for one to consume them.
More than often, baby supplements come in different types. Whichever type, you will be confident of additional nutritional value for your child. What matters the most is the constituent of the given supplement. Here are a few elements that should be in the child’s supplements.
• Vitamin D
This supplement will come in handy in ensuring that the body absorbs and even retains phosphorous and calcium. With this, the child will be sure of much stronger bones in the long run. This supplement will be essential if the baby is not receiving enough breastmilk.
- NUMBER 1 BRAND FOR IMMUNE SUPPORT: Similac Pro-Advance is the first infant formula with 2’- FL HMO designed to be closer than over to breast milk. (IQVIA ProVoice Survey 12 months ending February 2020; not from human milk)
- VALUE SIZE/SUBSCRIBE & SAVE: 3 cans provide 50% more powder than the 1.45 lb container, for a one-month supply or 207 4-fl-oz bottles. Choose subscribe and save for additional savings and convenience
- IMMUNE SUPPORT: Similac Pro-Advance is the first infant formula with 2’-FL human milk oligosaccharide, designed to be closer than ever to breast milk. (Not from human milk.)
- NO ARTIFICIAL GROWTH HORMONES: Similac is the first leading infant formula brand with no artificial growth hormones
- REDUCED FUSSINESS FROM A TRUSTED BRAND: Parents reported reduced fussiness, gassiness, and spit-up after 1 day (After switching to Similac Pro-Advance).You can trust Similac, the #1 brand chosen by moms§
- Eligible to be purchased with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits
- In select stores;The SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assurance Program) name is a service mark of the U.S. Department of Agriculture;USDA does not endorse any goods, services, or enterprises
• Omega-3 fatty acids
Omega-3 fatty acids will often be essential in ensuring that your baby grows healthy. As long as you choose supplements with low mercury oil, you will be good to go. Products made from salmon fish oil, sardines, and nuts will be the best for your child.
- NeuroPro is the only formula that has a fat-protein blend of MFGM and DHA, previously only found in breast milk.
- #1 trusted brand for brain-building & immune support
- Emerging evidence from a recent clinical study showed MFGM in formula supports cognitive development similar to breast milk.*
- Get brain building nutrition inspired by breast milk from Enfamil, the #1 Infant Formula brand recommended by pediatricians**
- Complete nutrition for babies through 12 months, easy-to-digest proteins, and dual prebiotics for immune health.
- Made with non-GMO ingredients that have not been genetically engineered.
• Vitamin K
Did you know that the vitamin K injection is one of the most vital injections in the US? That implies that considering vitamin K supplements will also come in handy for your child. It will activate various molecules within their blood, which ensures that their blood clots effortlessly.
- One 27.7oz can of Enfamil baby formula milk powder
- Clinically shown to ease fussiness, colic, baby gas, and crying in 24 hours with baby probiotics and easy to digest proteins that have been partially broken down
- Gentle formula provides complete nutrition tailored for your baby through their first 12 months
- Contains omega 3 DHA and choline, important nutrients found in breast milk to provide brain support.
- Enfamil is the #1 pediatrician recommended brand
- Gentlease with iron is a gentle, sensitive milk powder formula made with non gmo ingredients; that have not been genetically engineered. No artificial flavors, sweeteners, or colors
An increase in iron will be essential in boosting the child’s immunity against anemia. This supplement will be more important for children who were born prematurely. Feel free to give them this supplement until they attain the age of 1.
- #1 BRAND FOR IMMUNE SUPPORT*: Similac Pro-Advance is the first infant formula with 2’- FL HMO** designed to be closer than over to breast milk. (*IQVIA ProVoice Survey 12 months ending February 2020; **not from human milk)
- NO ARTIFICIAL GROWTH HORMONES: Similac is the first leading infant formula brand with no artificial growth hormones (No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rbST-treated and non-rbST-treated cows)
- REDUCED FUSSINESS: Parents reported reduced fussiness, gassiness, and spit-up after 1 day (After switching to Similac Pro-Advance)
- TRUSTED: Similac is the #1 infant formula brand chosen by moms* and the #1 brand fed in hospitals (*total US infant formula all outlets as of 3/31/18, Nielsen data)
- BRAIN & EYE DEVELOPMENT: Our exclusive blend of DHA, Lutein, and Vitamin E – nutrients also found in breast milk – helps support baby’s overall growth and brain and eye development
How Effective Are These Supplements?
Indeed, this will be one of the greatest concerns that anyone could have. These supplements come in handy in providing the baby with extra nutrients. However, you should not rely on them in place of other healthy foods. Remember, some of these supplements have not been proven to be helpful. Therefore, you should take your time to identify which one suits your baby more. Do not shy away from consulting a medical expert for further guidance.
One other reason you should always consult your medic is that these supplements have active ingredients. With such, there is a high chance of having strong effects on the baby’s body. If you are not alert, this could be fatal. Perhaps, it would be right for you to confirm the safety of the given product beforehand. Supplements approved by the FDA will often be the best for your child.
On top of that, the FDA will be the one to determine which product meets the quality standards of food supplements. Unless you see their certification, do not pick the product. You could also rely on the certification of various independent organizations such as NSF International and ConsumerLab.
Besides offering supplements, it will be essential for you to give your child other hard foods. For instance, focusing on vegetables, whole grains, fruits, and beans will be helpful. It will also be vital to pick dairy products and fish from time to time. These products play a vital role in enhancing the immunity of your child. However, ensure that the baby is old enough to eat whatever you are giving them.
- Emerging evidence from a recent clinical study showed MFGM in formula supports cognitive development similar to breast milk
- #1 trusted brand for brain-building & immune support
- Get brain building nutrition inspired by breast milk from the formula brand that's #1 recommended by Pediatricians
- For easing fussiness, gas and crying within 24 hours
- The only formula that has a fat-protein blend of MFGM and DHA, previously only found in breast milk
- Complete nutrition for babies through 12 months, easy-to-digest proteins and dual prebiotics for immune health
In conclusion, we can all agree that the health of your child should always be a priority. However, you need to be careful about which food supplements to give them and when to do so. It is through this that you will not compromise their health further.