Usually, babies tend to cry when they are tired, hungry, uncomfortable, in pain, or sick while sometimes they cry because they need affection. Older children and toddlers tend to cry at times when they are frustrated, angry, or sad. However, sometimes it can be very challenging to figure out what you crying child requires; especially if they are not talking.
As an adult, hearing a child cry can be irritating; however, you should note that it is their way of communicating. By understanding the age in which a child tends to cry more often is essential as a result, we shall be answering the question; what age do babies cry most?
What is the Crying Peak of Babies?
Babies tend to cry most of the time; nonetheless, the crying peak of most babies is said to be at the age of 6 weeks after which it starts decreasing. By the time they reach three months, most babies tend to cry for approximately one hour a day. This is often considered as a normal crying pattern.
Generally, babies often cry from the moment they are born; this is a normal process which is vital for their development. Newborns, as well as young babies, tend to cry more during late afternoon or evening. They tend to cry most at the age of 6 weeks to 8 weeks, and they lessen significantly by their 3rd of 4th month. Most babies tend to settle during this period; however, some may continue crying for an extended period.
What Are Some of the Causes of Excessive Crying?
When they are at the age of 6 to 8 weeks, most babies tend to cry for a total of 2 to 3 hours per day. However, there are some who tend to cry more than others. Some babies tend to cry for approximately 5 hours within a day.
Despite the fact that all babies cry, there are some that cry more than others. Often times babies cry because they are uncomfortable or cold. Be sure to cover your baby’s body to keep them warm. You may leave the baby barefoot for comfort too. When this occurs, then your child is said to be suffering from infant colic. This condition is described as a crying that;
- Starts and ends with no apparent reason
- Lasts for about 3 hours a day
- Occurs about three days in a week
- It continues for three weeks to 3 months
Though the primary cause of infant colic is unknown, the condition is often temporary and does not have any impact on your child’s development. If you are worried about how your child is crying, it is highly advisable to talk to your health provider.
There are children who cry a lot; however, they do not have any physical or medical problems that might make them cry. Furthermore, they feed and gain weight, just like other healthy kids. This period has been referred to as the period of purple crying. It is a phase in a child’s life, and it often improves as time progresses and they reach 3 or 4 months old.
Useful Baby Gear to Relieve Baby Colics
- Converts from Bluetooth controlled smart swing to high chair as baby grows; swing ages 0-6 months and high chair ages 6-36 months
- Responsive cry activation mode will set the swing to turn on at the lowest speed if baby wakes up and cries
- Manual or Bluetooth control for swing speed, swing timer, customizable music and responsive cry activation
- Fully customizable with built in music, Bluetooth speakers, 4 timer settings, 8 swing speeds, 6 height levels, 5 seat recline levels, 3 tray positions, and 3 footrest positions
- Removable toy bar and two piece dishwasher safe feeding tray // Requires 4 AA batteries (not included) or AC power outlet
- Introducing Bouncer Bliss: our classic, award-winning baby bouncer in a new luxurious design.
- Lightweight and portable for easy use at home with four positions suitable for both rest and play and folds completely flat for storage or transporting
- Natural bouncing helps develop balance and motor skills - no batteries, charging or plugs required
- JPMA Certified Product - safe, ergonomic and snug bouncer design gives proper support to baby's neck and back
- Can be used from newborn to 2 years of age - bouncer turns into a comfy chair
Cry and sickness
At times, a child can cry simply because he or she is not feeling well. Therefore, you should consider visiting the doctor when your child is;
- Feeling sick or unwell
- Not feeding well or not passing out urine or faces enough
- When his or her crying sound changes
- Has the following symptoms: fever, vomiting, rash, or diarrhea. When a child below the age of three months develops a fever, it is highly advisable to seek medical assistance right away.
A child’s cry can be very stressful; this means that you can be very frustrated when you cannot seem to make the crying stop. In such a situation, you should avoid shaking your child since you can do it vigorously leading to brain injury or damage. Despite the fact that shaking aids in soothing a child, vigorous shaking, on the other hand, is very dangerous and is often prevalent when someone is frustrated. It would help if you considered leaving your child in a safe place for about five minutes while you calm down so that you can handle him or her once again with utmost care. You should also give your baby safe toys to play with and decorate their room to keep them occupied.
What Do You Need For Baby Colics
- Simethicone-based remedy -Mommy's Bliss Gas relief drops are there to provide fast and safe relief for mothers with babies suffering from stomach discomfort, gas, and general fussiness.
- Recommended by pediatricians nationwide - parents want to make the best choice for their kids to ease discomfort, and moms everywhere trust Mommy's Bliss as a safe and effective solution for their little ones.
- Healthful ingredients for healthy families - Ginger extract flavor in a convenient travel size with a taste that your children will love.
- Safe for newborns - no Artificial colors or flavors; Gluten-, dairy-, and soy-free; alcohol and paraben free.
- Dropper included in every box and no refrigeration required after opening; 100% recyclable packaging; BPA free.
- 12 natural ingredients including chamomile, caraway, ginger, aloe, fennel, peppermint, lemon balm, and vegetable carbon
- FDA listed medicine
- Manufactured in the USA using only the highest quality natural ingredients
- Completely free of alcohol, sugar, simethicone, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), herbal oils and extracts, wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, and animal products.
- Safe for your baby and contains no side effects. Even treats hiccups.
- HOMEOPATHIC GRIPE WATER FOR BABIES - Colic Calm infant gripe water provides effective and instant relief from baby colic, gas, upset stomach, reflux, and hiccups - This baby gripe water works to support your infant's delicate digestive system as it develops and adjusts to new foods and liquids. Colic Calm gripe water can be administered as needed and is endorsed by pediatricians, GPs, natural healthcare practitioners, midwives & doulas
- CONTAINS A PROPRIETARY FORMULA OF 8 HOMEOPATHIC INGREDIENTS - Colic Calm baby gripe water gently encourages your infant's body to heal itself rather than suppressing the symptoms of digestive discomfort and associated ailments - The 8 premium quality natural active ingredients in this gripe water are: Blackthorn, Caraway, Chamomile, Fennel, Ginger, Lemon Balm, Peppermint, and Vegetable Charcoal
- MADE IN A STATE-OF-THE-ART FACILITY - Colic Calm Homeopathic Gripe Water is manufactured in the USA in a state-of-the-art facility using only the highest quality natural active ingredients - What's more, the process used to produce Colic Calm baby gas drops complies with the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for medicines - It is the only daytime and nighttime gripe water that qualifies as a medicinal treatment for baby gas relief, colic, reflux and hiccups.
- SAFE AND GENTLE - With its breakthrough formula of 8 carefully selected ingredients, you can rest assured this colic remedy for babies carries no risk of side effects - Also, unlike commonly prescribed colic drops, Colic Calm won't alter the delicate balance of your infant's digestive system - This safe and gentle baby colic relief medicine is free from sugar, sodium bicarbonate, simethicone, soy, dairy, wheat, gluten, animal products, herbal oils and extracts.
- EASY TO ADMINISTER AND GREAT TASTING GRIPE WATER FOR BABIES - Colic Calm can be used as needed, day or night, to provide fast and effective relief from a range of infant digestive ailments - These include: colic, gas pain, hiccups, baby reflux, and stomach upsets - And babies just happen to love the taste - Colic Calm is an oral suspension and is easily administered using the syringe dispenser with which it comes.
- Infant gas and colic relief – Heated gel pack helps with tummy aches, gas, colic and constipation
- Great Value - warm soothing heat PLUS icy relief - can be used as cold treatment for bruises, swelling, scratching and more. Both recommended by doctors, nurses and parents
- External remedy for colic, gas pains and sensory issues. No drops or medicines need
- Safe, Stylish and effective – Adjustable Velcro to apply optimum compression on the tummy and fits newborns to 12-month babies. It is 100% baby safe
- We believe in the benefits of our product, so there is a 365-day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied
- HELPS YOU SOOTHE YOUR BABY with a safe and gentle probiotic strain that works naturally to help reduce fussiness and crying due to occasional digestive upset
- THE MOST CLINICALLY STUDIED PROBIOTIC IN INFANTS, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, helps restore the natural balance of good bacteria in your baby’s digestive tract*
- HELPS BOOST DIGESTION*: Culturelle Baby Calm & Comfort Probiotic Plus Chamomile Drops helps support baby’s health by boosting digestion*.
- SAFE AND GENTLE, with chamomile extract. Dairy free, Gluten Free, and Sugar Free. Once opened, use within 60 days
- FROM THE #1 PEDIATRICIAN RECOMMENDED BRAND*
- FOR BABIES 0-12 MONTHS.
- INVENTED BY A PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGIST: A hollow tube that safely, naturally and instantly relieves gas and calms colic.
- DESIGNED FOR YOUR BABY'S BOTTOM: The Windi is long enough to reach past the muscle that traps the gas and stimulate the sphincter, but has a stopper so you can’t go too far.
- ALL NATURAL GAS & COLIC RELIEF: No drops or ingestible needed, making the Windi a great alternative.
- SAFE + SANITARY: BPA + Latex-Free.
- 1 PACK: 10 Single-use gas relief tubes.
A baby’s cry can be very annoying; however, you should note that it is their method of communication. Instead of getting mad, you should consider assessing the source of the problem and try to solve it; most of the time it can be due to hunger, pain, sickness, uncomfortable or just seeking affection.